Oxygen Tanks, Tom Hanks and MTV Awards
Britney Spears has many demands, but when she is staying at a hotel while on tour she has some interesting ones indeed.
Among her requests: a room that has “never” been smoked in, humidifiers in all areas, a selection of current magazines, fresh flowers she’ll arrange herself, chick-lit novels, DVDs of Marilyn Monroe movies, 100-watt light bulbs, running routes for Hyde Park and more. She won’t need special pillows because she bring her own. And one more thing: Security will sleep outside her room.
She also recently decided she wanted to shell out $30K on an oxygen chamber.
“Since her Vancouver gig, where she ran off stage as it was too smoky, she’s become paranoid about breathing in too much bad air,” a source told British newspaper The Sun. “She’s keen on an oxygen chamber that will reverse any smoke inhalation damage.”
Spears isn’t the only star to indulge in the the expensive gadget – Madonna, Mick Jagger and Michael Jackson all own one.
Tom Hanks has declared he is finally confident about his acting ability.
“I no longer feel insecure about my acting. Early on I took any job that was offered, milking it for the money,” said the double Oscar-winner.
“I had no idea what I was doing – that’s when insecurity and self-loathing start.”
The 52-year-added that he has also thrown away his vanity.
“After a while you have to give up being vain. In [new film] Angels And Demons I have to wear a Speedo to go swimming,” Hanks told Britain’s Radio Times.
“It takes a real man to slap on a Speedo and say, ‘I’m ready for work.'”
Nominees for the “2009 MTV Movie Awards” are:
* The Dark Knight
* High School Musical 3: Senior Year
* Iron Man
* Slumdog Millionaire
BEST FEMALE PERFORMANCE
* Angelina Jolie – Wanted
* Anne Hathaway – Bride Wars
* Kate Winslet – The Reader
* Kristen Stewart – Twilight
* Taraji P. Henson – The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
BEST MALE PERFORMANCE
* Christian Bale – The Dark Knight
* Robert Downey Jr. – Iron Man
* Shia LaBeouf – Eagle Eye
* Vin Diesel – Fast & Furious
* Zac Efron – High School Musical 3: Senior Year
BREAKTHROUGH PERFORMANCE FEMALE
* Amanda Seyfried – Mamma Mia!
* Ashley Tisdale – High School Musical 3: Senior Year
* Freida Pinto – Slumdog Millionaire
* Miley Cyrus – Hannah Montana: The Movie
* Vanessa Hudgens – High School Musical 3: Senior Year
* Kat Dennings – Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist
BREAKTHROUGH PERFORMANCE MALE
* Robert Pattinson – Twilight
* Taylor Lautner – Twilight
* Ben Barnes – The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
* Dev Patel – Slumdog Millionaire
* Bobb’e J. Thompson – Role Models
BEST COMEDIC PERFORMANCE
* Amy Poehler – Baby Mama
* Anna Faris – The House Bunny
* James Franco – Pineapple Express
* Jim Carrey – Yes Man
* Steve Carell – Get Smart
* Derek Mears – Friday The 13th
* Dwayne Johnson – Get Smart
* Heath Ledger – The Dark Knight
* Johnathon Schaech – Prom Night
* Luke Goss – Hellboy II: The Golden Army
* Anne Hathaway vs. Kate Hudson – Bride Wars
* Christian Bale vs. Heath Ledger – The Dark Knight
* Ron Perlman vs. Luke Goss – Hellboy II: The Golden Army
* Robert Pattinson vs. Cam Gigandet – Twilight
* Seth Rogen and James Franco vs. Danny McBride – Pineapple Express
* Angelina Jolie and James McAvoy – Wanted
* Freida Pinto and Dev Patel – Slumdog Millionaire
* James Franco and Sean Penn – Milk
* Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson – Twilight
* Paul Rudd and Thomas Lennon – I Love You, Man
* Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron – High School Musical 3: Senior Year
BEST WTF MOMENT
* Amy Poehler – Baby Mama, Peeing In the Sink
* Angelina Jolie – Wanted, Curved Bullet Kill
* Ayush Mahesh Khedekar – Slumdog Millionaire, Jumping in the Poop Shed
* Ben Stiller – Tropic Thunder, Tasting the Decapitated Head
* Jason Segel and Kristen Bell – Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Naked Break-Up
BEST SONG FROM A MOVIE
* “Jai Ho” – AR Raham, Slumdog Millionaire
* “The Wrestler” – Bruce Springsteen, The Wrestler
* “The Climb” – Miley Cyrus, Hannah Montana: The Movie
* “Decode” – Paramore, Twilight
A high-speed car chase for upcoming Nicholas Cage fantasy flick ‘The Sorcerer’s Apprentice’ turned to disaster this weekend as a stunt car lost control during filming and smashed into the entrance of a New York restaurant injuring two pedestrians.