Over 430,000 women are silenced each year by cardiovascular disease – and most of these deaths are preventable.
Go Red For Women celebrates the energy, passion and power we have as women to band together to wipe out heart disease and stroke.
Thanks to the participation of millions of people across the country, the color red and the red dress now stand for the ability all women have to improve their heart health and live stronger, longer lives.
WHY GO RED?
Research shows that women who “Go Red” are more likely to make healthy choices.
- More than one-third have lost weight.
- Nearly 55 percent have increased their exercise.
- Six out of ten have changed their diets.
- More than 40 percent have checked their cholesterol levels.
- One third have talked with their doctors about developing heart health plans.
PARTICIPATE IN NATIONAL WEAR RED DAY (February 5th, 2010): Speak up by wearing red on National Wear Red Day and spreading the word to others to build awareness and inspire action.
WATCH THE “CHOOSE TO LIVE” DOCUMENTARY: In partnership with NBC Universal, Go Red for Women produced the 30-minute TV special, “Go Red For Women Presents – Choose to Live!” The special, hosted by Hoda Kotb, premiered on NBC in national syndication beginning in September. Visit GoRedForWomen.org for local listings or to watch the special online.